Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographic


My demographic would have to be Generation Y because people born in Generation Y are known to be incredibly sophisticated, technology wise, immune to most traditional marketing and sales pitches, as they not only grew up with it all, they’ve seen it all and been exposed to it all since early childhood. Also Gen Y members are much more racially and ethnically diverse and they are much more segmented as an audience aided by the rapid expansion in Cable TV channels, satellite radio, the Internet, e-zines, etc. which explains me having a very diverse accumulation of friends, both racially and ethnically due to the fact that I am not racist. Gen Y kids often raised in dual income or single parent families, as I was, due to parents getting divorce I had lived in a single parent families. As a Gen Y I did grow up with technology such as Nintendo, and did have a computer in the house when I was very young. I do know how to operate technology with ease. Especially with new technology it takes me only a few minutes to get it figured out. As Gen Y’s we're old enough to remember what life was like before high-speed Internet, but young enough to lead the digital revolution. Many years from now, we will bore our grandchildren with stories about ancient things like dial-up modems and books. In the meantime, we're dealing with our shortened attention spans, student debt and smartphone obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment